(1) DURING WYSHAK’S CLOSING STATEMENT TOMORROW, HE WILL PRETEND TO CHOKE UP AND CRY A MINIMUM OF 2 TIMES
(2) WYSHAK WILL THEN ‘REGAIN HIS COMPOSURE’ ENOUGH TO MAKE A MINIMUM OF 3 TALKING OBJECTIONS DURING THE DEFENSE’S CLOSING ARGUMENT.
(3) WYSHAK WILL ALSO MENTION WILLIAM BULGER A MINIMUM OF 3 TIMES.
DOES ANYBODY WANT TO BET THAT THESE PREDICTIONS WILL COME TRUE?
If anyone is interested in responding to Patty’s challenge then you can do it in the comments.
Here are my responses: to #1, 0; to #2, 6; to #3, 9
1, I’m not sure Wyshak will pretend to choke up and cry. I think he’ll just go on and on like the Little Engine That Could. So to number one I say he won’t do it at all.
2. I have to believe that Patty underestimates the times Wyshak will make speaking objections during the closing argument, I say it will be 6.
3. As for mentioning Billy Bulger – or William Bulger – I’d place that at 9 times. We’ll hear how his house was located next to Flemmi’s mother’s, and at some point one of the extortion victims did work on his house and the weapons were stored next to his house. Wyshak’s closing will be interrupted by his fellow prosecutor Kelly who will stand up during the time Wyshak forgets Whitey is the defendant and thinks it is John Connolly and say: “And who was it that gave a speech at John Connolly’s retirement party.”
So if you are interested register you opinions. Your correspondent will be ready to tally these numbers and will produce them faithfully, if he can stay awake. If he dozes off, all bets are off.